Senior Bucket Lists
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2012
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012 01:11
1. Drive down Middle Path — pretty generic, but my grandfather did it, and I’ve wanted to ever since he shared his story.
2. Skinny dip in the Kokosing River.
3. Sleep in the Post Office — I came very close one time, but some jerk called Safety on my friend and me and we were kicked out. The chairs we had lugged over from MiddleGround at 2:00 a.m. remained for days.
4. Find “the room of requirement” in Peirce.
5. Complete the Coshocton Challenge — order a number 1 from every fast food restaurant on Coshocton Road. Repulsive, but necessary.
1. Be featured in a Collegian article and not just the Village Record.
2. Have the Motown Band play a not-so-secret show in my Acland (this Saturday ... shh).
3. Pledge Theta.
4. Get rich and donate a Goldberg House to be built next to Horwitz House (this is a long-term goal).
5. Get my roommate to clean up his side of the room (this is virtually impossible).
6. Refuse to create a serious bucket list. Because four incredible years at Kenyon have been fulfilling enough regardless of what I do with the last few weeks.
Susan Livermore and Nina Hamilton
1. Militant poetry on a table in Peirce.
2. Go to the top of Peirce Tower.
3. Leave secret furniture notes.
4. Visit llama farms.
5. Win Trivia.
6. Be on Kenyon.edu’s photo wall.
7. Get grilled by the Collegian.
8. Roof of some building.
9. Ascension hide-and-seek.
10. Ring the Chapel bells with the Pealers.
1. Have a KAC spa day (itinerary for those interested: sauna to steam room to jacuzzi; fake injuries for free massages from athletic trainers; sushi and smoothies. Ballin’!).
2. Motown concert in my living room (might or might not be this Saturday. Acland 105B.)
3. Face off against Bryan Kurtzman in a one-on-one Gambier Grillin’ matchup (#TeamZack).
4. Sample mid-Ohio’s finest calzones at Peirce.
5. Sing with the Creeks (please have me! #1 fan!).
6. Be in a production of Jamal Jordan’s Dead White Men.
1. Ride bikes on the Gap Trail all the way into town and eat brunch at the Southside Diner.
2. Work out at the KAC/actually just go to the sauna for the first and last time of my senior year.
3. Watch Gone with the Wind all day the Sunday after Sendoff with Jacob Bodager ’12.
4. Convince an underclassman to apply for puppy-themed housing (where you take in rescue puppies and find homes for them, but mostly get to snuggle with puppies!).
5. Sneak into the Old Kenyon steeple/tower.
6. Eat an omelet before noon.